Project QUALITY has eight objectives defined to operationalise the primary aims of the project.
- To elaborate theoretically, methodologically and empirically the concept
of quality of life; to analyse quality of life for men and women in the
eight partner countries based on existing internationally-comparative
datasets, e.g. European Quality of Life Survey; The World Database of
- To gain insight into the quality of life of citizens in the partner
countries within the context of their working situation, by setting up
new quantitative research projects in all participating countries.
- To analyse the institutional context of each participating country,
based on national expert meetings and relevant policy documents, by
mapping out which current socio-economic trends are expected to have an
impact on the quality of work of men and women and on their work-life
- To gain insight in what healthy and socially sustainable
organisations are, by examining the perspectives of managers and other
employees in one organisation in each country, and by exploring the
links between perceptions of healthy organisations and employee well
being and quality of life.
- To develop an instrument on the social quality of European
workplaces by selecting the relevnt items for social quality based on
the overall analyses of data on quality of life, as mentioned under objective 1 and objective 2.
- To gain insight into relevant future trends and their expected
implications for the quality of life of male and female citizens in the
eight partner countries, by developing scenario analyses that will be
discussed in high-level expert groups in each of the participating
- To gain insight into the role of gender in relation to quality of
life and work and the impact public and organisational policies have on
this relation, by specifying the perspective of gender in each of the
parts of the QUALITY project; all analyses will be broken down by
- Dissemination of the insights of the project. This final objective
is related to all four aims and will be operationalised in all specific
aims as descripted in the project objectives; a project website will be
developed; the projected audiences include the European Union, national
governments, policy-makers, employers, unions, the scientific community
and the general public.